Last month, we were approached by University Affairs magazine (The award-winning magazine and website, published by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada) to move the Black Hole blog to their site.
After some lengthy discussions, we are excited to announce that we will be moving the Black Hole and hope that our readers will follow us and also find the other items on their site informative and useful. Currently, 4 other blogs run from the UA website and we are honoured to join their ranks:
- Margin Notes - News concerning Canadian universities
- Speculative Diction - Higher education policy and practice
- Careers Cafe - Careers advice from a group of career advisors
- First Sabbatical - Advice on organizing your first research leave
What’s going to happen?
- All new Black Hole blog posts will be posted at http://www.universityaffairs.ca/the-black-hole/
- All our archived posts will remain on http://scienceadvocacy.org/Blog/
- The scienceadvocacy.org site will be revamped over the coming months to be a resource site and will no longer be a blog. Stay tuned for updates and please send your suggestions of what you think would be useful to provide on such a site.
Things that will stay the same:
If you get an email each time we post, this will continue as it has before. I will also post updates on my personal LinkedIN and Facebook accounts.
Thanks to everyone who helped to get this site going (especially our guest bloggers and those providing regular comments), I hope you’ll find the change easy and continue to contribute.